Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tour/Travel My Apartment


As I mentioned in class, I have a whole explanatory run-down on this particular experiment--but the experiment is still in progress. For the time being, here are some of the images. I am working on gathering the "sounds" and editing them into a sound-image synchronized slide-show, in which you will be able to travel Alachua County from the very home of a resident--ME!

Another side-note: I am restricting/constructing my experiment within the "enframing" of my own apartment for a specific reason (namely, Gestell gone wrong). I was not joking when I realized, during our readings, that I was being equally indicted: I seek so much "outside" that I forget that which is "inside." I forget the ordinary, mundane, undesirable, non-ideal; I forget what (en)frames me to such an extent that I seek a (perhaps false) line of flight outside of the (en)framing. Or, at least, I seek one that is not necessary--when I do not even know my own apartment. For example, in the past couple of years alone (give or take), I have traveled to these places: San Antonio; Salzburg; Seattle; New Orleans; Terre Haute, IN; Bowling Green, OH; Durham; Rochester, NY; Finger Lakes; New York Adirondacks; San Francisco; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; Gainesville; Chicago; Philadelphia; Las Vegas. And I believe I am missing some.

My limits are not "out there," though in their reception they can help me negotiate such. Beginning with the microcosm, I begin in the most local of object senses--my apartment. Again, my finished experiment will have a whole run-down synthesizing our sources, our CATTt thus far, citations, etc. For the time being, I am re-happening upon, re-cognizing, re-experiencing my apartment. Here are the images:

























I have much to say about these photos, and more photos to share. But I wanted to start with what I have been gathering. I'll post more (in terms of aesthetic response, as well as more pictures) tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment